Allocating lessons and scheduling activities can be done via the drag and drop Schedule+ page.
What is displayed on the page is controlled by the filters in the top section:
Select the date range of interest using the left hand section.
The right hand section switches between the 2 views of the Schedule+, one for Allocating lessons and one for activities.
The filters in the central area control what is shown on the scheduling grid.
Control which time intervals are displayed by checking and un-checking the intervals checkboxes.
Instructor Filters and Order
There are a range of filters to control which instructors are shown on the drag and drop area, these are best used in combination to get you to only the instructors we need to see.
Level code and tags etc are set on instructor contracts, you can see more here
In the above example we:
- Filter to exclude instructors that have an allocation to category other than ski lesson
- Then filter again to show only instructors who have not already been allocated a lessons
- Filter again to shown only instructors with a ski certification of at least 3
- Finally use tags to restrict this to only instructors who speak French
It is not necessary to click show after each filter, the below shows all instructors with Bob or Sa in their name, with a snowboard level of at least 2 ordered by level code to move our more senior instructions to the top of the list:
Allocating Lessons by Drag and Drop – Allocate Lessons View
We can allocate lessons and move lessons from one instructor to another by drag and drop. Choose Allocate Lessons from the right hand section at the top and use filters to display the instructors you wish to see. Unallocated lessons are displayed to the left of the screen:
In the image above, we:
- Allocate day one of Bruce Jones’ 3 day am ski lesson to Bart by dragging the lesson to the first day in the grid.
- Remove this lesson by dragging in back to the unallocated lessons panel.
- Allocate all days of Bruce Jones’ 3 day am ski lesson to Bart by dragging the lesson to the instructors name.
- Move the first day of the lesson from Bart to Brian by dragging the lesson to the first day in the grid.
We can also see that the lesson details are visible when hovering on an allocated lesson.
Scheduling Activities with Drag and Drop – Schedule Activities View
In the above example using drag drop we:
- Allocate Anna for the morning only to activity Ski Lessons for the 28th and 29th.
- Allocate Bobby for the morning only to activity Snowboard Lesson for the 28th.
- Change to use a custom time range 9am to 6pm
- Allocate Ferdinand for 9am to 6pm to activity Ski Lessons for the 28th and 29th.
- Allocate Hiromi for 9am to 6pm to activity Snowboard Lesson for the 28th and 29th.
Scheduling Activities with Multi Select – Schedule Activities View
In the above example using multi select we:
- Allocate Bobby and Brett all day and Ferdinand and Hiromi for the morning only to activity Ski Lessons for the 28th and 29th.
- Allocate Sarah all day on 28th and 29th and Taku and Tomo for the morning of the 28th only to activity Snowboard Lesson.
- Remove some allocations for Tomo, Hiromi and Brett
Scheduling and The Category Total Table
The category total table is present to help you schedule enough instructors to cover the lessons you have sold:
TI – Total Instructors required for lessons that have been booked for this category and interval.
TS – Total Instructors scheduled to activities for this category and interval.
In the image above:
- We click the checkbox to expose the The Category Total Table
- The Category Total Table shows that 5 instructors (TI) are needed for mornings of the 21st and 22nd. And shows that 2 instructors (TS) have been allocated for the morning of the 21st and 1 for the 22nd.
- We drag the Ski Lessons activity to Bobby and Brett allocating them for mornings of both days.
- We drag the Ski Lessons activity direct to the morning intervals for each day allocating instructors for those mornings individually.
- The Category Total Table shows that 5 instructors (TI) are needed for mornings of the 21st and 22nd. And that 5 instructors (TS) have been allocated.