Commission adjustments can be used to provide short term or context dependent changes to agent commissions.
Agents have a base commission rate for each vendor which is applied to all bookings the vendor, you can see more on base commission setting here. If you would like to make a permanent change to an agents commission it is best to update the base rate. For other changes and/or to have finer control over agent commissions it is best to use commission adjustments.
Navigate → Product Setup → Commission Adjustment
Commission adjustments can be positive or negative, a +5% commission adjustment would increase the agent commission (so the net price would be 5% lower), a -5% commission adjustment would decrease the agent commission( so the net price would be 5% higher).
They can apply to bookings:
- for all or only certain products
- for all or only certain booking sources (Agents)
- for bookings created in a chosen date range
- for bookings staying in a chosen date range
- for bookings of a chosen duration
The above would apply a 10% increase in commission to all stay dates in March 2018 if:
- the product is Block 1 : 2BDR
- the agent is Agent 1
- the booking is made between 2017/08/01 and 2017/11/30
- the booking is more than 5 nights long
Commission adjustments could be used to:
- drop commission by 3% for peak dates
- increase commission for March
- increase commission for a single agent for all bookings made but only until the end of winter
- increase commission for all agents on bookings that are longer than 10 nights
- increase commission on bookings for your more expensive products
We recommend you check all adjustments via the price calculator page.