Enter products into RoomBoss and set your rates:
Products and Services
Navigate → Product Setup → Product Details
Create a new product via the Products and Services tab. Enter the product name (optionally set list order here) and Save New Product.
- Add text by using the Text Descriptions tab.
- Set an image from the Images tab.
- Please provide the image and we will upload it.
- Image size should be 400(w) x 300(H) or larger with the same aspect ratio.
- Supported file types are .jpg and .gif
- Maximum file size is 10mb
- We can crop and scale the image on your behalf if you are unsure of the size.
- Other images
- For best results images should be 16:9 aspect ratio ( examples of 2560×1440, 1920×1080, 1600×900, 1366×768 and 1280×720), however any resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio will fit the display space.
- This is uploaded by yourself.
Products details and options can be entered in several languages. Currently supported are, English, Japanese, Chinese (simplified or traditional), French and Korean. If you enter several languages here products and options will be displayed to users in the language they choose.
Name: Product Name – this cannot contain special characters such as / ? < > ‘ ” | \ [ ] : *. When an attempt is made to save the vendor or details of a product that already has those characters, an error will be displayed.
Code: Optional. Enter the Company code here.
Category: If you have a lot of goods, categorize products so that they can be easily viewed via the reservation screen. See Using Categories.
Order: Items will automatically be posted in alphabetical order. It is possible to change the list order by adding an number here, products with lower number will appear higher when listed.
Option A: If rates may differ based on a product option, use this option. Select between adult/child, dates, number of people etc (you can then enter a different rate for each option).
Option B ~ J: If it is not possible to set different prices, choose B ~ J.
Copy: If you have a lot of similar products, copy the products to make entry and editing simple.
You can ask customers to enter the required information at the time of order. It is possible to use the customize drop down or use the existing options that have been pre-registered in RoomBoss to create its own set of options. The following is a list of available product options:
- Number of People: Drop-down menu to select the maximum number of people.
- Number of Days: Drop-down menu to select the number of days.
- Gender: Drop-down menu to select the gender.
- Shoe Size: Drop-down menu to select shoe size in 0.5cm units 15cm ~ 35.5cm.
- Height: Drop-down menu to select a 1cm unit height from 100cm ~ 200cm.
- Weight:Drop-down menu to select a 1kg body weight from 20kg ~ 120kg.
- Ski/Snowboard Size: Drop-down menu to select 5cm unit ski / snowboard size from 90cm ~ 215cm.
- Level (3 stage): Drop-down menu to select from 3 levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced ).
- Level (4 stage) : Drop-down menu to select from 4 levels (no experience even once, beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Level (5 stage): Drop-down menu to select from (no experience even once, beginner, intermediate, intermediate / advanced, advanced).
- Numeric Entry: Drop-down menu to select the maximum number.
- Text Entry: Field to enter free text.
- Custom Drop Down Menu: Create a custom menu by free choice.
Note : If you make changes to Option A after you have entered rates, you may need to delete the rates you have entered for changed products and re-enter them. For example, if you change the number of people in Option A from 5 to 10, you need to delete the rates you have entered to be able to enter rate up to 10. Please confirm your products are entered how you would like them to be before you enter your rates.
To enter product rates:
Navigate → Product Setup → Rates
- Separate rates can be set for different periods, for example, Peak Period / New Year Rates / off-season rates.
- A different rate can be set for each value of Option A chosen during product setup.
- Please enter retail rate (gross) into RoomBoss. Note: when selling to Travel agents their commissions /discounts are managed via the Booking Channels page.