It is possible to set up Dynamic Pricing for accommodation sales using price adjustments which will automatically update as availability changes.
Dynamic pricing will allow you to manage the discounts you offer on a night by night basis with discounts dependent on the number of units that are available to be booked.
- Availability (and prices) are calculated on a night by night basis.
- Adjustments can be overlapping and multiple discounts can apply to a single booking.
- Dynamic adjustments apply to direct, agent and portal bookings.
A simple example, for a room type with 2 rooms, would be to set a 20% discount for the first room to be sold. If there are 2 rooms available on a give night the discount is applied if not no discount is applied:
Navigate → Bookings → Price Adjustments
The option to limit prices based on availability is towards the bottom of the page:
Note: For multi – room bookings the price for each room will be the same as the price of the first room. This means, with the price adjustment in above example, a 2 room booking’s rooms would both be priced at the discounted rate.
Allotments and Dynamic Pricing
Availability for Dynamic Pricing is always based on the rooms available for the vendor company, this is all unbooked rooms that have not been allotted to a party other than the vendor company. When making price calculations:
- All un-allotted, unbooked rooms are treated as available.
- All unbooked rooms alloted to the vendor are treated as available.
- All rooms allotted to 3rd parties are treated as unavailable whether booked or unbooked.
Note: if agents are making bookings from units that have been allotted to them prices will not change when their bookings are made.