RoomBoss allows agents to access their Requests and Reservations online at any time.
At any time, via their log in, agents are able to view their bookings and add/edit the following:
- Additional details
- Message to vendor
- Private notes
- Agents can also cancel a booking at any time prior to check in.
Access to the other booking fields is dependent on the access you have granted to the agent (see Activating Booking Channels).
Unless a booking has checked in, is set to finalized or the agent booking window has passed, agents with Can Edit permission can:
- Edit stay/service date
- Edit number of rooms/services
- Edit number of guests
- Edit room type
Booking Set To Finalized
You can set any booking to finalized status to prevent the agent editing the booking:
On the Edit A Booking page in the Booking Status area click Edit click Set Finalized and Save.
Bookings that have not been set as finalized appear in the Unfinalized Bookings search. You can find all unfinalized bookings via:
Navigate → Bookings → Search Bookings
And see the Unfinalized Bookings tab.
- Agents cannot finalize bookings themselves.
- If an agent wants to change a finalized booking they will need to contact you and you will need to make the change or set the booking’s status to not finalized.
- If you edit any of the booking details of a finalized booking it will return to unfinalized status.
Agent Booking Window Has Expired
The agent booking window allows you to set a cut off time (in advance of start date) whereby new bookings or booking edits cannot be made by agents.
For more on the agent booking window please see Booking And Cancellation Policy.
Notes on agent access to bookings:
- If an agent does cancel or change the details of a booking you (and they) will receive email notification of the change.
- This page discusses what actions the RoomBoss system allows. What changes the agent has (has not) got your permission to make and when they can make these changes should be outlined in your contract.